Arsenal’s Kieran Tierney expected to miss three months with dislocated shoulder

first_img Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 11 Dec 2019 7:34 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link620Shares Kieran Tierney is set for a long spell on the sidelines (Picture: Getty Images)Kieran Tierney dislocated his shoulder on Monday night and although Arsenal are currently assessing his injury, he could be set for three months out with the injury.The Scotland international suffered the injury during the 3-1 win over West Ham in the Premier League, being substituted for Sead Kolasinac just 29 minutes into the contest.The club confirmed the news on Wednesday that Tierney’s shoulder had been dislocated, adding that he is, ‘currently undergoing further assessment and investigations.’While the Gunners are yet to provide their own predicted timescale for the full-back, he is likely to require surgery and could be out of action until March as a result.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT Nicolas Pepe is out of action on Thursday (Picture: PA Wire)The Gunners have not officially qualified for the knockout stages, but are in prime position to do so as they just need to avoid a heavy defeat in Belgium.A draw would confirm their progression, while a win would guarantee top spot.‘It’s a very important game for us. We know what’s at stake. They probably need to win the game,’ said interim manager Freddie Ljungberg.‘We play a lot of games. Sometimes we have to change. We have a lot of respect for the game. We don’t take it lightly. We want to win and get a result.’MORE: Graeme Souness doubts Carlo Ancelotti will want Arsenal jobMORE: Freddie Ljungberg reacts to Carlo Ancelotti to Arsenal speculation Video Settings Full Screen About Connatix V67539 Advertisement PLAY Comment More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityThe 22-year-old arrived at the Emirates from Celtic for £25m over the summer and has already displayed worrying signs of being injury-prone.He didn’t make his Arsenal debut until 24 September as he recovered from the hernia operation he underwent in May.Since then he has managed just five Premier League appearances for the Gunners and is not unlikely to improve on that for months to come.The youngster has suffered a range of injuries in his short career already, having missed matches for Celtic with ankle ligament, hip and past shoulder problems.Arsenal are struggling with injuries ahead of their Europa League clash with Standard Liege on Thursday, with Hector Bellerin pulling out with a hamstring strain.Nicolas Pepe has a bruised knee, Granit Xhaka suffered concussion against West Ham, while Dani Ceballos and Rob Holding have hamstring and knee issues respectively. 1 min. story Arsenal’s Kieran Tierney expected to miss three months with dislocated shoulder Advertisementlast_img read more

Governor Wolf Signs Legislation Authorizing “Right to Try,” Allows Terminally Ill Patients to Seek Experimental Treatments

first_img Bill Signing,  Healthcare,  Press Release,  Public Health Harrisburg, PA – Today, Governor Tom Wolf signed legislation that gives terminally ill patients the right to try experimental treatments, such as investigational drugs, biological products and medical devices, not yet fully approved by the FDA.“I have supported and will continue to support legislation that gives patients power in their health care decisions,” Governor Wolf said. “At no time is that more important than when faced with a terminal illness. Having the chance to try all options can offer hope and better quality of life for many.”House Bill 45 was introduced by Representative Bob Godshall and was passed unanimously by both the House and Senate. Sen. Chuck McIlhinney sponsored the bill in the Senate.Eligible patients are those with a terminal illness attested to by their treating physician, unable to participate in a clinical trial, who have a recommendation from their physician to try the investigational product, and have given full informed consent.The law also gives health care providers immunity when recommending the use of an investigational product and protects them from professional licensure sanctions. Thirty-seven other states have laws similar to Pennsylvania’s.The law does not provide for health care coverage for those participating in the experimental treatments, but a manufacturer may elect to provide them to an eligible patient without receiving compensation. SHARE Email Facebook Twitter October 11, 2017center_img Governor Wolf Signs Legislation Authorizing “Right to Try,” Allows Terminally Ill Patients to Seek Experimental Treatmentslast_img read more

Fincantieri Halts Production for 2 Weeks amid Coronavirus Outbreak

first_imgItalian shipbuilding major Fincantieri has suspended production activities at its Italian shipyards as a precautionary measure aimed at countering the potential spread of the coronavirus, the company informed.Fincantieri is one of the world’s largest shipbuilding groups, specializing in cruise ship design and construction and a reference player in all high-tech shipbuilding industry sectors, from naval to offshore vessels.The company has over 8,900 employees in Italy and a supplier network that employs nearly 50,000 people.The measure was announced following the advice from the Italian Government as well as requests from the Italian unions FIM, FIOM, and UILM.“Fincantieri considers its key priorities – once again – the protection of its personnel and subcontractors, as well as meeting the current needs of our country,” the shipbuilder said in a release.“From March 16 to March 29, the production will be suspended through the anticipation of the collective holidays with respect to their traditional use in the summer period.”The company added that the 14 day-period was consistent with the indications imposed by the health authorities regarding quarantine in order to reduce the chance of infection, meet the government restriction measures, as well as allowing all the workers to carry out appropriate actions to tackle the emergency.“The chosen solution, once the situation is normalized, would allow to restart again at full power in order to protect the future of our company and of our country, without resulting in an economic loss for the workers,” Fincantieri added.“Only by doing so, with a small sacrifice compared to Italy’s state of emergency, we will avoid jeopardizing our future while protecting the company’s operational continuity, as well as maintaining the employment levels.”Fincantieri reassured its domestic and foreign customers that once the situation is normalized, the following ship deliveries will be performed in compliance with the contractual deadlines.Italy has been severely hit by the outbreak and has reported the highest number of coronavirus infections after China. Based on the latest update from Italian civil protection bodies, 20,603 people are currently positive for the virus. To date, there have been 24,747 infection cases in total.The death toll from the outbreak hit 1,809 on Sunday after the country reported 368 new fatalities.last_img read more

Wellesley bites the dust in Norwegian well

first_imgThe wildcat well 6204/11-3 is located in production licence 829 in the Norwegian Sea where Wellesley is the operator. Wellesley received a safety consent to drill the well using the Borgland Dolphin well in July 2020 and a drilling permit for the well in August. The well was drilled about 75 kilometres north of the Gjøa field in the North Sea and 60 kilometres northwest of Florø. The water depth at the site is 211 metres. The well has now been permanently plugged and abandoned. The well is dry. The well was not formation-tested, but data acquisition was undertaken. The well did not encounter reservoir rocks in the Åsgard Formation. About 30 metres of aquiferous sandstone was encountered in underlying Jurassic rocks with moderate to very good reservoir quality. According to the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD), the objective of the well was to prove petroleum in reservoir rocks in the Lower Cretaceous (the Åsgard Formation). This is the first exploration well in production licence 829, which was awarded in APA 2015. The well 6204/11-3 was drilled to a vertical depth of 1290 metres below sea level and was terminated in the basement rock. Th well 6204/11-3 was drilled by the Borgland Dolphin drilling rig, which is now headed to Kvina Shipyard in Fedafjorden. Oil and gas company Wellesley Petroleum has drilled a dry well located north of the Gjøa field offshore Norway. last_img read more

ISDH provides latest COVID-19 numbers

first_imgStatewide—The Indiana State Department of Health announced that 430 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 for a total of  6,351 Indiana residents known to have the novel coronavirus following corrections to the previous day’s total. A total of 245 Hoosiers have died to date. To date, 32,133 tests have been reported to ISDH, up from 30,869 on Monday.Marion County had the most new cases, at 127. Other counties with more than 10 new cases were Allen (11), Bartholomew (17), Clark (11), Decatur (10), Elkhart (10), Floyd (10), Hendricks (12), Johnson (17), Lake (64) and Porter (10).  The Lake County totals include results from East Chicago and Gary, which have their own health departments.Locally Decatur County has reported a total of 107 positive cases, Franklin County has 64, and Ripley County has 77.last_img read more

Taylor keen to build on Olympic success

first_imgIreland’s boxing heroine Katie Taylor will return to the ring for the first time since her Olympic triumph when she faces Poland’s Karolina Graczyk at the National Stadium in Dublin on Friday. Taylor has picked up a number of awards since her raucous Olympic win at the ExCel in London, but she has done her best to stay out of the limelight and her comeback has been kept deliberately low-key. Taylor said: “It’s all been a bit of a whirlwind and it’s been such a busy time. It seems everyone knows who I am now but I’ve never been interested in being a celebrity, so that has taken some adjusting to. “I’m still only 26 and I feel I have things to prove and things to achieve in the sport. I’m constantly learning in the gym and looking to improve. I always set myself goals and I want to retain that Olympic title in Rio in 2016 and retain my European and world titles as well, so I’m hungrier than ever to keep improving.” The Bray fighter was left disappointed last month when Ireland’s bid to host the 2013 Women’s European Championships were scuppered by the sport’s governing body, who decided to delay the event until 2014. Instead, Taylor’s target for the year is likely to be the European Union Championships in Hungary in June, with a further build-up bout already scheduled to take place in Dublin next month. Ward’s bout with Egan is the other highlight of a packed card, with Egan, beaten in the last two finals by Ward, bidding to become the first man to win 11 Elite Championships titles. Olympic silver medallist Michael Conlan is also in action as he faces Chris Phelan for the Irish flyweight title. Another Olympian, Adam Nolan, takes on Willie McLaughlin in the welterweight final. Press Associationcenter_img Taylor’s bout will act as a support to 13 Elite Championships finals which will be decided on the night, including a third consecutive light-heavyweight clash between Joe Ward and 2008 Olympic silver medallist Ken Egan. Her bout with Graczyk marks the start of a busy week for Taylor, who will also fight Germany’s Maike Kluener at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre in the city on Sunday evening. last_img read more

O’Neill adds duo to squad

first_img Press Association Northern Ireland manager Michael O’Neill has called up two players to his squad for next Wednesday’s World Cup qualifier against Russia. Forwards Will Grigg and Jamie Ward are available again after injury but Sammy Clingan (knee) is absent. Northern Ireland have taken three points from their five games so far in Group F. center_img MK Dons defender Lee Hodson and Rotherham midfielder Michael O’Connor have been added to an initial 20-man squad for a game originally scheduled for March but which had to be given a new date due to a frozen pitch at Windsor Park. The game sees Kyle Lafferty return from suspension but midfielder Chris Brunt sits out after incurring a ban of his own last_img read more

Syracuse rules out Estime, Gulley, West, Johnson for Pittsburgh game

first_img Published on November 21, 2013 at 9:33 pm Contact Trevor: tbhass@syr.edu | @TrevorHass Facebook Twitter Google+ Brisly Estime, Prince-Tyson Gulley, Jarrod West and Isaiah Johnson will all miss Syracuse’s (5-5, 3-3 Atlantic Coast) game against Pittsburgh (5-5, 2-4) on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. in the Carrier Dome, per an SU Athletics release. The Orange needs one more win to become bowl eligible.Estime, who missed SU’s 59-3 loss to Florida State with a broken hand, is out again. He tweeted earlier this week that he was “50/50,” but now it’s clear he won’t play in his H-back slot. Ashton Broyld said on Tuesday that he will return that role after starting at wide receiver last week.Gulley sprained his ankle against Maryland and appeared to re-aggravate the injury in the first half against Florida State. Gulley rushed just once in that game prior to the injury, but has totaled four touchdowns on the season.In Gulley’s absence, even more of a workload will be placed on Jerome Smith, who leads the team with 10 touchdowns. George Morris II and Devante McFarlane, both of whom rushed for more than 65 yards against the Seminoles, will likely see snaps.West, who leads Syracuse with 359 receiving yards on the season, is listed as out with an upper-body injury. He’s been one of the Orange’s most consistent receivers, totaling more than 30 yards in five games this season.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textJohnson, a defensive lineman who made a critical interception in SU’s 13-0 win over Wake Forest, is listed as out with an upper-body injury as well.Julian Whigham and Ben Lewis are out, as well. Whigham suffered a lung contusion and possible tearing of scar tissue from a prior surgical history for achalasia against Florida State. Lewis, a wide receiver, has one catch for seven yards on the season.Backup center Jason Emerich is listed as doubtful with a lower-body injury. Commentslast_img read more

Bennett to test his mettle against sprinting elite

first_imgCarrick’s Sam Bennett will lead his Bora Argon 18 squad in this weeks Tirreno Adriatico which gets underway today with a short individual time-trial.Among the favourites for the six stage race is Alberto Contador of Tinko Saxoff and Movistar’s Nairo Quintana with Ireland’s Dan Martin of the Cannondale – Garmin squad also in the running.24 year old Bennett will be looking to feature in the flatter sprint stages where he’ll be rubbing shoulders (and elbows) with the likes of Mark Cavendish of Etixx-QuickStep, Elia Viviani of Team Sky and Tinkoff Saxo’s Peter Sagan.last_img read more

Champions Cup comes to an end for Munster

first_imgMunster have been beaten by last years’ Champions Cup winners Saracens at the Aviva stadium 26 – 10.The reigning champions were 6-3 up at the break thanks to a two Owen Farrell penalties, while three points from the boot of Tyler Bleyendaal was all Munster had to show for the half.They then scored the first try of the game through Mako Vunipola while Farrell added the extras and then his third penalty of the game. Photo: © Munsterrugby.ie Munster clawed back some points on the scoreboard in the closing stages of the game but it was too little too late.Munster boss Rassie Erasmus said after the game that Munster were in it at 6-3, but thinks the pressure got to the players.last_img read more