PREMIUMMarket to recover from Jakarta PSBB-induced panic: Analysts

first_imgLog in with your social account Linkedin The Indonesian stock market will not repeat the market crash in March, despite the continuous pressure by COVID-19 that led the market to see a steep fall on Thursday, following the Jakarta administration’s decision to retighten restrictions, analysts have said.The Jakarta Composite Index (JCI), the main gauge of the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX), plunged by 5.01 percent, the lowest since March, to 4,891.46 on market closing against the previous trading day. Earlier in the day, a sharp 5 percent drop triggered the stock market circuit breaker at 10.36 a.m., resulting in a 30-minute trading halt.Panic selling followed Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan’s announcement on Wednesday that large scale social restrictions (PSBB) would be reinstated due to the continuous increase in COVID-19 cases. The country saw another record-breaking number of daily cases on Thursday, round… Google Forgot Password ? Facebook LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Topics : stock-market JCI IDX panic-selling COVID-19 PSBBlast_img read more

​​UK Green Investment Bank to launch £1bn wind farm fund

first_img“We want to do more to maximise our green impact,” he said. “We plan to extend our reach into new markets like community-scale renewables.”The bank added that its proposed wind farm equity fund would allow developers to refinance and noted the “compelling opportunity” for investors to enjoy inflation-linked returns.“These attributes can be well matched to the needs of long-term infrastructure investors such as sovereign wealth funds and pension funds,” it said in a statement.The GIB has so far not been required to gain regulatory approval for its activities from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), but it said the new subsidiary was now seeking approval to become a regulated fund manager.A spokeswoman for the bank said no appointments for the new fund manager had been confirmed.However, she said it was expected that several of the GIB’s current employees would move over to new roles at the subsidiary.The bank, launched in 2012, has so far invested £4.8bn in green energy projects, deploying £1.3bn of its £3.8bn in capital.It is no stranger to the refinancing of wind farm projects and in late 2012 was part of a consortium of five banks to assist Dutch pension manager PGGM and the Ampere Equity Fund in the refinancing of a nearly 25% stake in a wind farm in the Irish sea. The UK’s Green Investment Bank plans to launch a £1bn (€1.2bn) fund targeting UK offshore wind farms, the first vehicle to be overseen by a new fund management subsidiary.Announcing its annual results, the bank said it was hoping to attract long-term institutional assets to the new fund, which will acquire equity stakes and is aiming for its first close by the end of the year.The standalone fund manager, for which the state-owned bank was granted permission by the European Commission in May, was a “significant strategic development”, it said, and would allow it to manage funds in any of its designated green sectors – which include offshore wind, energy efficiency, waste and bioenergy.Chief executive Shaun Kingsbury said the bank’s role went “well beyond that of a traditional investor”.last_img read more

Martinez move to Barcelona is “logical” says Argentina coach

first_imgThe search for a new foil for Lionel Messi has been a long and expensive one, but it seems like in the explosive Inter striker, they’ve found their man.One person who knows both players well is Argentine coach Lionel Scaloni, and in quotes picked up by ESPN, he discussed the prospect of the partnership:“It’s logical that they want to play together, they get along well, they understand each other well,” the former West Ham player said.“[The Argentina team] would like that. They have already played together in the national team. For me as coach, and for the national team, the more games they play, the better.”He’s not holding back then, neither in stating how good he thinks he partnership could be, nor in basically confirming Barcelona’s interest in the striker. He even goes on to compare him favourably to Messi’s current foil, Luis Suarez.epa08166388 Inter Milan’s Lautaro Martinez celebrates after scoring the 1-0 lead during the Italian Serie A soccer match between Inter Milan and Cagliari at the Giuseppe Meazza stadium in Milan, Italy, 26 January 2020. EPA-EFE/MATTEO BAZZIRead Also: Bundesliga: 14 players suffer injuries in first weekend of restartIt will be a serious operation to get the Serie A star to the Nou Camp, especially in a summer like this. But there are so many positive noises coming out of both camps that we’re starting to think it can be done.Inter are still insisting that their young star will stay – but every player has their price.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted ContentThe Best Cars Of All Time11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimePlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithWhat Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Now7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universecenter_img Lautaro Martinez’s mooted move to Barcelona looks set to be the biggest deal of the summer – if it happens – and it’s attracting attention from all over.Advertisementlast_img read more

Milo schools football action resumes this weekend

first_imgSCHOOLS football action resumes this weekend as the Milo schools football tournament gets going at the Ministry of Education ground, Carifesta Avenue.In a triple-header set to commence at noon, Ann’s Grove will take on St John’s College. This Group C challenge is to determine third place, as Christianburg/Wismar Secondary currently lead the group with six points from two games ahead of Friendship Secondary who have four.St John’s are currently on one point from two games while Ann’s Grove are yet to score a point.From 13:45hrs, Group D fixtures get going when fourth-placed Uitvlugt Secondary go toe-to-toe with second-placed St Cuthbert’s Mission.Golden Grove Secondary who are group leaders against Cummings Lodge, who sit third in the group, will close off the day’s encounters.The following day, Christianburg/Wismar Secondary will look to continue their undefeated streak atop Group C when they play second-placed Friendship SecondaryGroup F action also gets going with Vergenoegen, who are also undefeated, playing second-placed Charlestown who are on four, from 13:45hrs.Third-placed Tucville (one point) will play Tutorial Secondary (zero points) from 15:30hrs.In other groups, Annandale Secondary head the Group A with seven points after three games with Canje second, on four points, and South Ruimveldt (two points) ahead of St Joseph (two) points by a goal difference of -1 to -6.Group B have Bishops’ High on 7 points barely ahead of St Stanislaus College, who have the same but are behind on goal difference (+7 to +4) with Queen’s College.Group E has Lodge Secondary leading the way with seven points ahead of President’s College (five points), St Mary’s Secondary (three points) and Marian Academy (one point).last_img read more

Edo Queens, U13 Clash for Amaju in Benin

first_imgAs part of the programme of events for the grand reception for Amaju Melvin Pinnick by the South-south Congress of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) today in Benin City, a novelty match between Edo Queens and the state’s Under-13 male side has been scheduled to precede ceremony at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium.Edo FA Chairman and Media Committee Chairman of the South-south Congress, Frank Ilaboya, said in a statement that the match is between Edo Queens, the top women side in Edo State and the state’s Under13 male side that was being groomed by late national team Coach, Amodu Shaibu. The reception proper is scheduled for 6.30pm at the Government House in Benin City.“It will be an interesting encounter and a forerunner to an evening of fun, where all the big shots in football and sports from the South-south and indeed Nigeria, will be represented. All logistics have been put in place and I can assure you that the event will go on flawless on Friday,” Ilaboya assured stakeholders thursday.There are already indications that other zones are planning receptions for the NFF President/CAF Executive Committee member who was also recently appointed into FIFA Organising Committee. Ilaboya said: “We have taken the bulls by the horns and we await others if they have such plans to follow in our noble footsteps”.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Wisconsin looks to rebound vs. Indiana

first_imgIn his final home game of his Wisconsin career, forward Marcus Landry will try to end the season on a high note.[/media-credit]Coming off yet another heartbreaking defeat at the hands of the Minnesota Golden Gophers, the University of Wisconsin men’s basketball team looks to finish off its season on a high note as it hosts the Indiana Hoosiers at the Kohl Center Sunday.In Wednesday’s match against the Gophers, the Badgers climbed back from an early 11-point deficit to take a five-point lead late in the second half. But reminiscent of their six-game losing streak, the Badgers were unable to hold on to the lead, losing at The Barn, 51-46.“The fact that we could come back — I don’t know if we had anything left, to be honest with you,” Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan said following the loss to Minnesota. “I’m not trying to make that excuse for my players, but at the end, the energy that it just took for us to get into the game and get some things going, I think it took its toll at the end.”In their last game against Indiana, Wisconsin struggled with shooting in the first half but was able to pull away from an overmatched Hoosier team in a rebuilding season under head coach Tom Crean.In that game, UW senior Joe Krabbenhoft scored a career-high 18 points and junior Trevon Hughes tagged on a game-high 21 points to lead the Badgers to an easy victory over the Hoosiers.The first match, however, was in the middle of a six-game Wisconsin winning streak. Currently, the Badgers have lost two of their last three games, and both losses came on the road.While the Hoosiers have struggled throughout the season, winning only one game in Big Ten play, they nearly shocked the Purdue Boilermakers last week before falling in the last few minutes in Bloomington, Ind. Because of their close games, the Badgers won’t overlook Indiana and its poor record.“They’re a very dangerous team,” UW assistant coach Gary Close said before the teams’ first match. “They scare you. You look at their scorers and how they’ve played teams — they’ve been very competitive. They just haven’t gotten over the hump in a tough league.”Now, the Badgers return to the Kohl Center to take on the Hoosiers. The game will mark the last home game for seniors Krabbenhoft, Marcus Landry, Kevin Gullikson and Morris Cain. Last year on senior night, Wisconsin crushed Penn State 77-41 to clinch a share of the Big Ten title. While the regular season title is out of reach, the Badgers still need to win to ensure a spot in the NCAA Tournament.last_img read more

Fine allegations : Lawyers of SU, Boeheim to argue for dismissal of defamation lawsuit

first_imgLawyers representing Syracuse University and men’s basketball head coach Jim Boeheim will again request a dismissal of the ongoing defamation lawsuit filed against them during a hearing Friday afternoon.Former SU ball boys Bobby Davis and Mike Lang claim Boeheim defamed them when he publicly accused the stepbrothers of lying about Fine molesting them. Boeheim initially stated that the men were looking to make a financial gain with the accusations. He has since apologized for these comments.Attorneys from both sides will appear before State Supreme Court Justice Brian DeJoseph at the Onondaga County Supreme Court on Friday at 2 p.m. to argue the dismissal motion. Davis and Lang will dispute the defendants’ claim that Boeheim’s statements were merely hyperbolic and sarcastic.Fine, who was fired from the university Nov. 27, has denied all sexual abuse allegations and has not been charged.egsawyer@syr.eduAdvertisementThis is placeholder text Published on April 27, 2012 at 12:00 pm Contact Liz: egsawyer@syr.edu | @3sawyer Commentscenter_img Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

ESL welcomes AT&T as North American mobile gaming partner

first_imgESL has found its latest collaborator in multinational conglomerate holding company AT&T, which deals massively in telecommunications. Aptly, this deal sees AT&T become ESL’s North American official telecommunications and mobile gaming partner.As a way to kick off and announce this deal, both parties hosted a Clash Royale tournament at AT&T’s annual SHAPE Technology & Entertainment Expo on Sunday.AT&T is well-versed in the world of traditional sports – the Dallas Cowboys call AT&T Stadium home and the San Francisco Giants play out of the AT&T Park – but not so much in the esports industry. The telecoms company is set to have a presence at ESL One New York, as well as an upcoming IEM tournament and the Arena of Valor Pro League.Shiz Suzuki, AVP of Corporate Sponsorships at AT&T discussed the partnership: “Teaming up with ESL just makes sense. Esports creates a natural intersection of technology and entertainment, which aligns with our brand and our customers’ passions. AT&T celebrates the esports community, and we’re excited to bring rich, new ways for fans to enjoy gaming as the industry continues to grow.”AT&T is set to offer 5G mobile connections later in 2018, which would seemingly help mobile gaming become even faster and more reliable. This will be demonstrated at E3 on June 12-14th at the ESL Arena in Los Angeles.Mark Cohen, SVP for Global Brand Partnerships at ESL also commented on the partnership: “With such an experienced traditional sports brand like AT&T jumping into this industry, there are endless possibilities to what they can naturally bring to esports fans and players all over the world. We look forward to seeing what this collaboration will bring to esports and how it will impact the industry in a brand new way.”Esports Insider says: AT&T is a ridiculously big company, and getting them this involved in esports is a big move from ESL. It’ll be interesting to see if this partnership is strictly event-based, or if AT&T could do something to educate its customers about esports.Sign up to our newsletter!last_img read more

AFCON Qualifier: Referee Joseph Lamptey to officiate Nigeria against Congo

first_imgReferee Joseph Lamptey, has been appointed by the Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) as the middle man in the Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) Qualifier between Nigeria and Congo in Calabar, on Saturday.Referee Lamptey, who recently returned from an international assignment in Mali, during Confederation Cup match, will be on duty with three other Ghanaian referees as his assistants.Salifu Malik Alidu and David Laryea, will assist him on the lines, with Seidu Bomison as the fourth referee.The game is his  second game in the qualifiers of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) this year, after handling the game between Tanzania and Zimbabwe.Referee Lamptey, will  leave Ghana on Thursday, for the crucial game.It would be recalled the referee was at this year Championship of African Nation in South Africa, where he handled three matches.last_img read more

LAST HURRAH: Xavi ‘signs for Qatari club Al Sadd’

first_imgBarcelona midfielder Xavi has penned a three-year contract with Qatari club Al Sadd, according to reports in Spain.AS revealed the Spanish playmaker will join Al Sadd at the end of the season and replace former Real Madrid star Raul in the side. Xavi, 35, is expected to receive a salary of €10 million and will study for his coaching licences during his time in Qatar at the Aspire Academy.Xavi emerged from Barca’s famous academy at La Masia, making his breakthrough into the senior side in 1998.Football’s most prolific passer has been central to Barcelona’s success in becoming European football’s most revered club, winning seven Liga titles, two Copa del Reys and three Champions Leagues during his time at Camp Nou.Xavi earned 133 international caps and was an integral part of the Spain squad that clinched consecutive titles at Euro 2008, the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012. He assisted Carles Puyol’s goal in the World Cup semi-final in South Africa as they beat Germany 1-0, before playing all 120 minutes as Vicente del Bosque’s side edged Netherlands to clinch the trophy.OPINION Would anyone turn down €10m-a-season to wind down their career? Because the end is surely here for the iconic midfielder.At 35, Xavi is slowly being phased out at Barcelona, invariably spending most of the season either being subbed off early or brought on from the bench.Rather than fall further down the pecking order, it seems sensible to move to another club and take the monster pay packet while it is still available.He has won enough major honours at club and international level, so it is hardly a terrible move to drop into an unknown league rather than join an established force.He can now study for his coaching qualifications away from the bustle of European football and return, refreshed, to coach or manage in a few years’ time. Additional info from Reuters–Follow Gary on Twitter: @garyalsmithlast_img read more